Sunday, July 19, 2015

Weeks 40 to 42 - Six teeth!

After months of teething (mostly drooling) we finally saw a little bit of redness on his gums, and I could feel the tiny sharp teeth before seeing them pop out a few days later. Two front teeth and two bottom teeth popped out at the same time, and 2 more on the top came out a few days after. So he's got 6 now!

Since we started to try not feeding him the first time he woke up, he began to stop waking around that time, and only woke up once a night around 2-3am. Then there were a couple of times when he actually slept from 7:30pm to 5am. That was amazing - but I still wasn't able to sleep through it. I happened to be sick when he was sleeping really well so I kept waking up coughing. Such a waste of these golden opportunities!

Nathan loves to play with tissues and squish plastic bags, and makes long high pitched sounds when he's in the car sometimes. Not in an unhappy way, it's like he's singing to himself or something. He's mastered waving, sometimes with both arms, after a few weeks of reinforcing it. I love his waves, it's hard to capture on video because he only does it when he wants to, oftentimes with a delayed reaction to our waving. I catch him waving to inanimate objects and think it's hilarious. For example, I was on hold and had my phone on speaker phone and there was a recording during the hold of someone talking. He looked at the phone and starting waving to it. It was adorable.

He's been eating a lot better and finishes most of his meals. He really enjoys papaya, so I mix it with avocado because he's not a fan of avocado and it's such a healthy food. I tried to give him a cup with a straw but he's not ready for it. He just bites the straw.

He loves to look around at everything when we go out, especially at restaurants. When he's in his high chair he looks everywhere at people and he's quite popular with elderly women at Taipei Noodle House who would stop and say hi.

After he turned 9 months, we started bathing him in the bathtub. He just got too big for the baby tub and since he's sitting up better we thought the tub would be fun for him. The first few times he just sat there and didn't move around or play with the toys. He was also wary of the running water and wouldn't put his hands near it. But when we showed him that it's safe he tried putting his hand underneath the faucet and now loves it! And he loves to splash the water and play with all his bath toys.




He somehow gets his arm or arms out of the sleeves when he's sleeping. There were a few times when he's wearing it backwards, which means he got his arms out and then put them back in wrong!
One of his favorite sitting positions

He likes to eat like this. I think he might get this from me. I like sitting with my leg up, not quite like this, but close, haha.

Now that he can crawl, he's good at pulling himself up. I love coming into the room and seeing him with his head poking out of his crib waiting for me to pick him up.

And he can stand now too!

This is his passport photo. LOL. I couldn't get him to smile or make any expression except this one. We now call it the "passport" face when he makes it. He's going to have this passport until he's 5. 

Happy boy in the morning!

Hard at work


2 comments:

  1. He is SOOOOOOOOO adorable! I love the pictures with the bath numbers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! How are you enjoying the summer?

      Delete