Sunday, October 19, 2014

Week 2 - Feed me

We saw Nathan's eyes much more this week, as he was alert for a few minutes at a time and would play by himself sometimes after waking up. He was still pretty low maintenance besides having to feed him and change his diaper. He made noises when he was hungry and would patiently wait until we fed him, but generally no crying. His feeding times were like clockwork - once every 3 hours. It's funny how my schedule revolves around his eating times now. After each feed, I would calculate how much time I had to do normal things like taking a shower, eating lunch or running an errand. Jackson and I went grocery shopping by ourselves once while my mom watched Nathan. It felt so normal that I almost forgot we have a baby at home! 

We had a good routine going this week. Jackson would stay up later than me to watch and feed Nathan before going to bed so I could sleep for a longer stretch. Then I would take over the late night shifts until morning, when I can pass Nathan off to my mom and get an extra hour of sleep :)

Nathan loves when his grandparents come visit on Sundays and take lots of photos of him!
With cousin James - each minding their own business
Sleeping soundly on daddy

We've never had so many flowers in our house - thanks for the thoughtful gifts!
Hanging out with daddy while he's playing video games
At his pediatrician appointment (1 week, 3 days) - got his first immunization shot, he was really brave and only cried for a few seconds. Nathan gained weight since last week and was 7 pounds, 1 ounce. 

This is when you know Nathan is perfectly content - he snores with his mouth open (gets that from his dad)

Getting his hair washed for the first time by pao pao
All clean after a sponge bath.  I was worried that his hair became all fluffy and sticking up afterwards, but eventually it became normal again before his photo shoot the next day. He must have oily hair that keeps it naturally stylish.

Superman!

What the....?

I give up ... can't get a normal pose from him, hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment